- Reposting of all articles posted on this website without permission is prohibited. All copyrights belong to Shimada & Associates Immigration Lawyer’s office. Please contact us in advance if you need articles from this website.
- Use of site
- When using this website please be sure to read the following disclaimer. Persons using this website are deemed to have agreed to the following items.
- This website is not intended to provide legal or other types of advice. Shimada & Associates Immigration Lawyer’s office makes efforts to ensure accuracy and validity of the contents of this website but does not assume any responsibility for damage caused to the users, etc. by using these contents.
- The contents on this website may be changed or deleted without prior notice. This disclaimer is subject to change without notice. When this disclaimer is changed, the version after changes shall be applicable.
- Consent on handling of personal information
- Shimada & Associates Immigration Lawyer’s office understands that it is its responsibility to protect personal information during its business activities such as preparing visa application documents and acting on behalf of applicants at the time of visa application and strives to protect personal information based on the policy stated below. In addition, regarding handling of personal information acquired via this website or via web pages linked to this website, the company shall establish and respect the personal information protection policy as stated below.
- 1. General policy
- Our company shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations
- In addition to establishing a management system related to protection of personal information, our company shall make our employees aware of our company's regulations and strive to observe them and thoroughly comply with them.
- Our company handles personal information within the scope of the purpose clearly stated to the customer. In addition, we shall not disclose or provide personal information collected from customers to third parties unless there is a customer’s consent or a justifiable reason for it.
- Our company shall keep personal information accurate and up-to-date and make efforts to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, its loss, destruction, falsification and leakage.
- 2. Purpose of using personal information
When our company receives personal information from our customers, it shall be used within the scope of the purpose with that purpose clearly stated in advance. If there is a need to use the customers’ personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use stated in advance, our company shall inform the customer to that effect and can use it upon receipt of each customer’s consent. The purpose of use of personal information kept by our company is as follows.
- Sending information on services and events
- Providing various services
- Fulfillment of the contract
- Communication with competent authorities necessary for operations, etc.
- Other actions required for operations conducted by our company
- 3. Provision of personal information
Our company shall not disclose our customers’ personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- With customer consent
- According to laws and regulations
- When delegating handling of personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use
- It is necessary for protection of human life, health or property, and in case it is difficult to obtain customer consent
- When business operations are succeeded due to merger, corporate split-off, transfer of business or other reasons
- Changes to this agreement and to personal information protection policy
Our company may change this agreement and the personal information protection policy as necessary. In that case, we shall post information regarding that on our website.
Shimada & Associates Immigration Lawyer’s Office
Date of Enactment: 22 May 2018